today i decided


that I want to be hot again.

ha. haha. hahaha. That felt hilarious to type. It's teetering on the edge of deletion.
But it all started when I got my hair done yesterday.

Photo on 2011-11-09 at 15.27 #2

It took the girl a full three hours to highlight, tone, cut, blowdry and straighten my Rapunzel hair. I'm not in love with the color, but I didn't go home crying, either. I always feel so Addams' family-esc when my hair is broom-straw straight like this.

But with my 2 inch-long, dark roots deleted, I feel amped. Recharged. I want to wear tight shirts and not be worrying about my post-baby muffinized stomach cinched into lumps by the elastic of my leggings.

Today I started a new goal. I'm going to call it Mission Muffin Top: 20 miles by Nov. 20th (running, walking, or stroller pushing). That gives me 11 days to flatten this pooch out a little. Yeah, it's probably small potatoes to most athletes, but it's big to me. Except for picking up the house, I'm practically lethargic. I'm not sure if post preggo stomachs have actually proven capable of flattening, but since my driver's license is still MIA, I may as well give my neighborhood greenway a go. I think outdoor stints for extended periods of time will be good for Carter's spirit, too.

I'm using a free app called RunKeeper to track my distance and posting on Twitter. But other than a few outdoor pictures, this exercise deprived, princess of a mommy won't be posting any more blogs about fitness.


Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

8 comments:

  1. I am joining you :) I have been wanting to get out of te house and walk more and this gives me the motivation I need. We'rein this together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! I am participating in Pile on the Miles (unofficially since I forgot to actually enter...) but it's all about running/walking as many miles as you can between now and Thanksgiving instead of piling on the pounds that we normally do around this time of year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JessicaLynn awesome!! now i'm excited! want to update each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kelly that's kind of what i had in mind! i wanted to get it done before the thanksgiving chaos, plus so my holiday outfits will fit better! i like the idea of just packing in as many miles as you can, i might try to go above 20 :) depends how hard it is

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! I need to get moving and lose some wiggle bafore Christmas too! God it would be good to look hot agian. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm I hate my post baby mussin top but I gotta say it's freezing outside, maybe I'll start this when the summer starts next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're beautiful... but I totally know how you feel. You'd think that chasing after two babies would keep me thin... not so much. By the way, I love the lamps by your tv. Awesome touch.

    ReplyDelete