steppin' out saturday


Today we ate an entire jar of Nutella (ok so it was just me). The weather here's so hot that it reminds me of winter - you can't be outside for more than a couple minutes without dying to get back inside.

We got Carter a potty yesterday. I can't believe how smart he is ... I ask him if he needs to potty, and he just does it. Whenever he tinkles, the potty senses the pee and cheers for him. He immediately hops up - not always finished and with pee droplets everywhere - and we run to go get a treat (an M&M). No critiquing our (complete lack of) method. It's only day two.

Since I'm falling short of pretty backgrounds, I did a small Steppin' Out Saturday in front of our house this afternoon. We have grass, landscaping, carpet and pretty much everything finished. I'm eager for them to get some paint on that front door, though.

DSC_0968

close

Dress: Francesca's Collections
Belt: Express
Necklace: Wet Seal

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

13 comments:

  1. I think you need to get Carter a hard hat and take a picture of him in front of the house next to that little sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE IDEA!!!! except i don't want to pay $ for a hard hat hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice setup you have there with the potty thing. I hope it lasts and Carter doesn't enter an "I dont feel like going in the potty" phase. Im slowly easing my 15 mo into potty training by sitting her on the toilet before her bath. She stays there for as long as she's comfortable. I'll start adding more and more toilet sessions, but I figure since she's already naked it's a perfect opportunity to get used to sitting on a rim with a big gaping hole in it. She was afraid at first, but now she's getting comfortable. Still waiting for her first tinkle though. We'll have a party when that happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck potty training! And the M&Ms work-- that's how my niece was potty trained! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is 15 months old and has had some potty success. We keep it in the bathroom, and she goes on it whenever me or my husband does, as well as whenever we change her diaper. It is a lot of work! We don't reward her at all though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress too cute!! Good luck on the potty training! Your house looks soo great! I am sure you are so beyond excited to get in it, so you can decorate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your house looks really great with the brick and all! Love your dress you look cute as always! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ihilani yeah i think we've already reached that stage, i ask him to go & now he says No. We might just have to wait for the stage where he's not comfortable being wet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Melissa and Brew thanks melissa! i think my sister in law did the m & ms too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anonymous it is kinda easier for everyone to just stick with diapers 24/7 haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Janelle 18 days until we can have it! i feel like it's not ours until we get the keys in our hands, it's kind of an uneasy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha. Love it!! My little man will go and sit on the potty for a No2 but not a No1 yet. He's only 18 months now so we have time to practice. I think the idea of a treat when he uses it is a good thing though. I can still remember you saying you felt like you should give him a pringle or something when he first started kicking when you were pregnant!

    As for piccies, I love them but I think it's hilarious that neither of you are wearing hard hats right by the sign that says you should have them on!! :D

    ReplyDelete